Sunday, May 15, 2011

Soldiers of Life




Soldiers of Life


Two Strangers come to meet
Friends of long ago on an endless journey through time
Come to meet again
Their paths destined to intertwine


Wars won in surviving bring tattered and torn soldiers together once again
Faces faded by lives lived, deathe, only to meet life again
Souls meeting, in passing, knowing, enjoying, a friend once again


A love of long ago riding the winds of forever
Testing time

On we go
In our passing a moment to have still the joy of
friendships renewal, again and again

Such is the winning of life
For bodies die, but the spirit and the friendship
carries on, timeless through eternity

~~~~~~

Let us here at this impasse
Raise our glass again
Touch again
Laugh again
Capture a moment of now and laugh again and again

Free spirits besting time
Raise your glass and sing again with me, my friend

Rest and refresh with me as we have time through time
Share with me the journeys tale
And then go forward , free

Winning will come of all of this to you and me
Soldiers of life, we have fought to win

~~~~~~~~~~

Are we not comrades in spirit
By our honor friends, you and I

Have we not traveled many lives, many roads
Seen so many a horizon, storm clouds, and conquest
together, you and I

Let us here at this impasse
Raise our glass again
Touch again
Laugh again
Sing again with me my friend

So good to see you once more my friend



E.Jackson-Witter
J90

No comments:

Post a Comment